The Company “Blue Dome Capital (Cyprus) Limited” (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”, “we”, “our”, “us”, “BDC”) fully respects the privacy of your personal data and makes every effort to protect them in full compliance with the Regulation (EU) 679/2016 on the Protection of Individuals with regard to processing of personal data/General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as “GDPR”) and any other relevant applicable legislation.
Our website bluedomecapital.com is designed with the appropriate operational and internal systems and comply with the applicable European legislation regarding data protection General Data Protection Regulation EU 679/2016 (GDPR).
2. Who we are
BDC seeks to capture emerging investment opportunities in technology transfer and innovation-driven ventures mainly across Central & South-Eastern Europe. We focus on ventures with a significant science and technology-based competitive advantage, arising primarily from relevant IP, that present valuable and sustainable solutions for the global market. We are continuously in search of entrepreneurial teams, deep in science and technology, who preferably have developed it themselves as part of their academic endeavors.
This Privacy Statement:
This Privacy Statement:
- provides an overview of how the company collects and processes your personal data and informs you about your rights in accordance with local data protection law and the EU Data Protection (GDPR) General Data Protection Regulation,
- is addressed to persons who visit and use our website (https://bluedomecapital.com/)
- contains information about when your personal information will be shared / shared with other companies and other third parties.
In this privacy statement, your data is sometimes referred to as “personal data”, or “personal information”. Sometimes you may collectively refer to handling, collecting, protecting and storing / retaining your personal data, or any such action as “processing” of this personal data.
For the purposes of this statement, personal data means any information relating to you that identifies you or can be identified, including, for example, your name, e-mail, or identity number.
We collect and process only the necessary personal data such as name, surname, telephone and e-mail, etc., which we collect through our own cookies and which we use for statistical purposes for the purposes of optimizing our services and for improving and upgrading the content. Any additional information that comes to BDC with your own ad is expressly declaring that it will not be publicly disclosed or used for purposes other than those for which you have consented.
Cookies are small text files that are installed on your computer or on your device temporarily and are transmitted to our server through your preferred browser. No Cookie file used on the Website collects any information or obtains knowledge of any document or file from your computer.
The data collected by Cookies for the above purposes may include the type of browser you are using, the type of your computer, your operating system, online service providers, the sites you visit, and the links to third party websites which you may follow through our Website, as well as the IP address of your computer. By browsing the Website, you consent to the processing of information from you by using Cookies.
You can, however, edit your preferences through our Website settings regarding Cookies.
In particular, we may transfer your data mainly at the following cases:
- To Google, especially for the use of the Google Analytics
- To service providers that host our customer database, perform its technical support and management.
- To government agencies and public authorities, regulatory bodies and enforcement agencies, to comply with a valid and authorised request, including a court order or other valid legal process, to protect against fraud and for related security purposes.
- To any third party to whom we assign or novate any of our rights or obligations.
- As required or authorised by applicable law, and to comply with our legal obligations.
What personal data we process and where we collect it
We collect and process different kinds of personal data that we receive from our (existing and potential) customers in person or through their representative or via our alternative channels of communication, such as our website, in the context of our business relationship with them. In this context “customers” means any portfolio company we already have, ventures we review for our pipeline, business partners, current or prospective investors.
The Company will in no case receive from you more personal information than what is necessary for any purpose that it collects, nor will it disclose your data to third parties unless this is strictly necessary for us to perform a service, the provision of which you have requested.
What personal data we process and where we collect it
We process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR for one or more of the following reasons:
1. For the performance of a contract
We process personal data in order to offer services under the contracts, but also to be able to complete our acceptance process in order to enter into contracts with prospective customers.
The purpose of the processing of personal data depends on the requirements for each service and the contractual terms and conditions provide more details about the relevant purposes.
2. To comply with a legal obligation
There is a number of legal obligations arising from the applicable laws that apply to us (eg Tax Legislation). There are also various supervisory authorities (central government, local government, etc.) whose laws and regulations we have to implement. Such obligations and requirements impose the necessary personal data processing activities for audits, identity verification, compliance with court rulings, reporting obligations of tax or other legislation and audits.
How long do we keep your personal information
The information collected is kept for as long as it is necessary for each purpose for which it was collected. After fulfilment of the purpose for which the personal data was collected, such data will be destroyed, unless destruction is prohibited for legal, regulatory, or technical reasons.
Any requests for further information in relation to the continued processing of specific data and requests for destruction should be made to “dpo ( at ) bluedomecapital ( dot ) com”.
4. Your data protection rights
You have the following rights with respect to personal data we hold for you:
- Have access to your personal data. In order to receive the relevant copy of the personal data we hold for you, you can fill in the web form through the company’s website.
- Request the correction of personal data we hold for you.
- Ask for the deletion of your personal information.
- You oppose the processing of your personal data [known as the “right of objection”] when we rely on a legitimate interest but there is something special about your situation that makes you want to oppose treatment for that reason. However, this may affect our ability to provide you with our services.
5. Right to lodge a complaint
All enquiries in respect of this Privacy Statement or any requests to exercise any of the rights set out above should be directed to the Data Protection Officer via “dpo ( at ) bluedomecapital ( dot ) com” or by post at: Date Protection Officer, Blue Dome Capital (Cyprus) Limited, 228 Arch. Makarios III Avenue, Agios Pavlos Court, Block B, 4th Floor, 3030 Limassol, Cyprus.
If you still feel that your personal data has not been handled appropriately according to the law, you can contact the Office of the Commissioner for Personal Data Protection at:
1 Iasonos street, 1082 Nicosia
P.O.Box 23378, 1682 Nicosia
Tel: +357 22818456
Fax: +357 22304565
Email: [email protected]
6. Changes to this privacy statement
We keep this Privacy Statement under review in order to ensure that it is in line with any changes to the laws relating to privacy and personal data. We will duly notify you when we make changes to our privacy statement. We recommend, however, that you review this statement periodically so that you are always aware of the way we process and protect your personal information.
7. Cookies notice (pop up):